Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed or security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our cookies
Website Function Cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our website.
Third Party Functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We also set anonymous cookies on certain other sites that we advertise on. If you receive one of those cookies, we may then use it to identify you as having visited that site if you later visit our site. We can then target our advertising based on this information.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime as explained above.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
This document was last updated on October 26, 2020